I weep with you. I am also proud to see you standing for what you believe in. However what you ask for will not bring the results you desire.
These problems in society have never been a result of too much Liberty & eliminating the natural rights of all people will never bring the proper solution. If we want to make you feel safe at school & everywhere in public we must be honest as a society & deal with the real problems.
1. Schools & government are failing you. They have little to no security & practically no real policy to keep your schools secure.
2. We have to endure more security at a public museum than we do at our public schools. I ask our governors & administrators which of these treasures is more valuable?
3. We need to not just make promises to keep you safe, we need policies & actions. We need real secure entrances & exits into the schools. We need real policies limiting “visitors” on campus. Nearly every school shooter would have never even been on campus with proper security & policies.
4. Adults have failed to see your cries for help & have failed to act upon them, putting everyone at risk. We need more adults who are concerned with your mental, physical, & emotional health rather than political correctness, job security, or hurt feelings.
5. We need to train your teachers better. They know CPR; they know how to help a choking child; they need to know how to stop someone from hurting you.
The real solutions that will bring the safety & security we all desire do not require a new federal law or regulation; they do not require a constitutional amendment; they do not require depriving anyone of any rights. The real solutions are much simpler than that.
The real solutions to keeping you safe require only a people who love their children enough to create and enforce local policies & proper training dedicated to the preservation of life, liberty, & property.
The history of the entire world dictates that taking the rights of people to defend themselves will not keep them safe, but will only serve to enslave our future to those more powerful. We must learn that without liberty, security is nothing more than a vapor. Unfortunatley, those who do not recognize their history are doomed to repeat its mistakes.
By not addressing the real problems & and not employing the real solutions, we end up destroying what we set out to preserve. We will make you & your future less safe & we will pass on to all our children a future of greater oppression.
I am telling you this not because I am judging you. I am telling you this because, as a mom, I love you.
We can keep our you safe and keep your rights & liberties secure at the same time. It is time to take back the narrative. It is time to get to work & secure Liberty for all. That is not just our duty to you and to all our children, it is who we are as Americans.